Week 7 Assignment – Healthcare Compliance
This assignment will explore compliance issues with federal and state laws and regulations governing healthcare organizations, such as the Anti-Kickback Law, the False Claims Act, the Stark Law, credentialing, medical errors, and patient safety. It is important to understand healthcare compliance for the benefit of improving patient care. It is also important to promote adherence to applicable laws, payer healthcare requirements, and to protect the organization against fraud, waste, abuse, and other potential liabilities.
Write a 2–3 page paper in which you:
- Summarize one statute, one regulation, and one guidance document that impose compliance obligations on healthcare organizations.
- Explain what healthcare organizations must do to comply with legal requirements.
- Describe the standards for corporate compliance programs set forth in the OIG Compliance Guidance and the Federal Register.
- In addition to the textbook, provide two sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and valid. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library, or review library guides.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Develop a compliance plan associated with issues surrounding fraud, waste, and abuse.