The complete Writing Project and Presentation is found in Getting Started. Upload the portion of the project due this week.
Writing, using software, and interpreting results is a large part of your learning experience. These assignments are designed to improve your use of technology and communication skills. Using proper business English and resources from the library you will comment and share your research with your classmates. Make sure you note your source in proper APA format.
Due Dates: This project is completed over several weeks so be sure to follow the due dates carefully.
Grading Rubric: Please refer to the grading rubric specific requirements.
Link to Keiser’s elibrary resources: http://kesu-verso.auto-graphics.com/MVC/
PowerPoint instruction on how to use the Keiser elibrary: Keiser Slide show Library-Orientation-login-and-navigate-lesson1.pptx Keiser Slide show Library-Orientation-login-and-navigate-lesson1.pptx – Alternative Formats
Guidance on how to log in and use the Keiser elibrary: KU Library login guide2014October3.pdf KU Library login guide2014October3.pdf – Alternative Formats
How to cite work from the library: How to cite work from the library.docx How to cite work from the library.docx – Alternative Formats
This link helps with APA format: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/general_format.html
Click on Getting Started to review the requirements for the writing project. Then click the title link above labeled “Week 1 Writing Assignment – Part 1” to upload part 1 of the writing project.
This project is split into four (4) parts with one (1) part due each week of the course.
- Part 1 and Part 2 will provide opportunities to receive feedback.
- Part 3 will encompass all Parts 1-3.
- Part 4 will require a presentation of Part 1-3, including any additional requirements as indicated.
Based on your readings, use of technology, research of literature, and other sources complete the following: Part 1:This week’s assignment will be a draft of Part 1 of the portfolio project. The final version of Part 1 of the project is due, along with Part 2, in their final versions, with Part 3 as the Portfolio Project for this class.Please prepare a minimum 2 page memo on the below to your client.
- Describe the four different legal entities recognized by the US tax system and the fundamental differences in the characteristics across business entities.
- Include the pros and cons of transitioning from a sole proprietorship to a corporation.
- Based on the readings, choose several topics that you would like to explain to your client to pinpoint the advantages or disadvantages of switching from a sole proprietor to a corporation.
- Discuss the principles of ethical and professional conduct relating to corporate, business, and trust taxation supported by standards/practice.