Imagine that you are an office manager tasked with coordinating and leading the dismissal meeting for an organizational layoff.
68 page in which you:
- Propose three ways, proven to be effective, that a manager can cope with negative emotions that accompany an organizational layoff.
- Describe a detailed, step-by-step process for conducting a dismissal meeting.
- Determine fair and equitable compensation, with justification, that the company may provide to the separated employee.
- Create a chart depicting a fair and equitable timeline for disbursement of the compensation.
- Use Microsoft Word or an equivalent application, such as OpenOffice.
- Predict three ways an organizational layoff can affect a companys future strategic direction.
- Support your propositions, assertions, arguments, or conclusions with at least three credible, relevant, and appropriate sources synthesized in a coherent analysis.
- Write clearly and concisely in a manner that is well organized, grammatically correct, and free of spelling, typographical, formatting, and/or punctuation errors.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Formulate strategies for an employee layoff, including heading the dismissal meeting, compensation for separated employees and predicting business effects of the layoff.